I need your help.
My wife and I are expecting the arrival of our first child any day now and while I’ve never been a parent before I feel like I should probably make taking care of my new baby girl and her mother a higher priority than my blog, you know at least for a few days.
Kids can take care of themselves after a couple of weeks, right?
Anyway, a while back I opened up the blog to guest posters for an Open Mic Week and I thought this would be the perfect time to do it again.
I’ve got a few friends filling in for me for a few days, but after that I’m opening things up to anybody that would like to write a guest post.
So, November 25th-29th (not counting the 28th which is Thanksgiving) will be the second installment of Open Mic Week here at the American Jesus.
If you’re interested, send me over your best stuff and if it’s one of the top 4 submissions, I’ll post it.
Check out the details/guidelines below and if you’ve got any questions, please ask them in the comment section so everyone can see them ’cause chances are somebody else will have the same question you do and it would be swell to not have to answer the same question a thousand times. I’m just lazy like that.
OPEN MIC WEEK GUIDELINES
1. Please send a complete post, not a pitch for a post. [UPDATE: Please submit only 1 post] If you’re not sure if it’s something I would be interested in, look over the old posts in the archive to get a sense of the sorts of things I write about.
2. Submissions should be sent via email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Please include with your submission any relevant blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc. information you would like me to link to should your post be selected.
4. Submissions should be no longer than 1,000 words.
5. Formatting, punctuation, grammar, and good writing matter. So, make sure you proofread your post before you submit it.
6. Submissions should connect in some way to the Christian faith, but beyond that it’s up to you what to write.
7. Hate speech will not be posted. (You would think that goes without saying, but there are some crazy folks out there who need me to spell it out for them.)
8. All submissions must be emailed to me no later than Monday, November 11th.
9. I will select the 4 submissions I like the most and announce who the guest posters will be along with when their posts will go up on Thursday, November 14th.
10. If your post isn’t selected and you send me crazy hate mail about it, I reserve the right to share your craziness with the rest of the internet.